Saturday, November 22, 2008

its all coming back to me now....

two years ago, the organization that i worked for offered to send me to the federal indian bar conference in abq. well anybody who knows me, knows i always have a good time at this conference. the deal was, the office would pay for registration and airtravel and i had to pay for everything else. the other hitch was i had to travel with the regional boss... we made it from missoula to salt lake...i should have known it would be a strange night by the number of people sitting in the boarding area looking pissed off. there wasnt that much snow but for some reason it threw every plane off....including the one that was supposed to take us to abq. and it was the only one going to abq that night.... my boss and i were in frenzy to work with the travel plans we had each made for our stay in abq--rental cars, hotels room, etc. after about an hour, we decided to go back down to our boarding gate just in case some small miracle happened that would get me to graham central station that night. in front of us was a very small man talking to the gate lady...i thought man he looks familiar and once he turned to look directly at me....it was the man of my 1970's dreams....DONNY OSMOND. i even took a picture on my phone because i knew nobody would believe me....he really is shorter in real like...ok back to our regularly scheduled program of doom and gloom....

No comments: